Keystone Front Office
Every week, rain or shine, Keystone Towing holds FREE public auto auctions for vehicles abandoned at our impound facility. Vehicles are sold “as is” to the highest bidder for impound charges owed.
Auction Terms & Conditions
- Under the provisions of Civil Code Section 3072: All vehicles and their contents will be sold “AS IS” and all sales are final. The Company may state the year, make and model of vehicles, however, it is the responsibility of the buyer to ascertain by his/her own means the correctness of the vehicles year, make and model prior to bidding.
- The buyer must register the vehicle with the Department of Motor Vehicles within 10 days after purchasing it. The buyer assumes full responsibility for transfer or ownership through the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Payment for vehicle is due immediately upon winning bid. No checks will be accepted for payment.
- These vehicles have been appraised at $4000.00 dollars or less. Should the bid on these vehicles exceed $4000.00, said vehicles will be re-liened and sold at a later date under Civil Code Section 3071.
- Prior to the registering of the vehicle with the Department of Motor Vehicles, do not drive or park the vehicle on a public street. Some of these vehicles have been impounded for excessive parking violations and expired registration. They can be impounded again if the D.M.V. records still show the expired registration or the unpaid citations. It is necessary to obtain new license plates and current registration. Old vehicle license plates are removed per California Civil Code section 3071 and 3072.
- Buyer is responsible for all D.M.V. fees, penalties and past due registrations; however, buyer Is not responsible for any outstanding parking citations.
- The Company reserves the right to accept bids in any increment they feel is in the best interest of the sale all opening bids are taken from the floor.
- All vehicles sold at sale are subject to City of Los Angeles 10% Parking Occupancy Tax, L.A. City Ordinance #165949, effective August 1st, 1990
- All emission control equipment (smog) related repairs and certifications are the sole responsibility of the buyer. United Road Towing does not accept responsibility for the failure of any vehicle sold, or the failure of a vehicle to meet safety standards or emissions control equipment regulations as set by any Federal, State, or local agency. It is the express responsibility of the buyer to comply with any safety or emission control equipment requirements prior to using any vehicle purchased.
- The Company and its representatives do not in any way guarantee the odometer reading to be actual, true, or correct. All vehicles sold through sale are sold “TRUE MILAGE UNKNOWN”.
- The Company reserves the right to bid on any vehicle. Any representative or employee of The Company bidding on vehicles will be introduced prior to the sale commencing.
- If you are going to bid, be sure you have registered. Do not bid with someone else’s number. If you do, your bid will be canceled. Each vehicle has a sale number, which corresponds to the number on your sale list. Before the company representative sells off each vehicle he/she will call out the vehicle’s number and a description of that vehicle. Please make sure you bid on the correct vehicle. If you don’t and you are the highest bidder you still must purchase that vehicle. If you do not purchase said vehicle you will be asked to LEAVE THE SALE!
- Vehicles are to be removed from the lot immediately after the sale has been completed. However, before the vehicle is removed, the buyer must come to the office and sign paperwork in order to finalize the sale and transfer of title. All documents will be issued and called by bidder number. Any vehicles not removed from the lot by 12:00 PM the next day will be subject to the current storage rate set by the City of Los Angeles for storage at an Official Police Garage plus Parking Occupancy Tax.
- We do not do a safety inspection of these vehicles and do not give any guaranty of its roadworthiness
- In the event of incorrect paperwork the company will not be liable for repairs made to the vehicle before the D.M.V. registration process has been completed. ONLY the purchase price and the parking tax will be refunded.
- There is absolutely no working on vehicles in the yard. Only one person will be allowed into the yard. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Any person who removes parts or property from a vehicle will be subject to arrest and/or expulsion from the sale.
- Serialized Government issued identification is required to enter the Lien Sale.
- Any employee of the City of Los Angeles is required to note that they are employed by the city when registering and shall notify a United Road Towing employee when a purchase has been made.
TERMS OF SALE FOR VEHICLES APPRAISED OVER $4,000.00
PER CIVIL CODE SECTION 3071
Although vehicles must be paid in full the day of purchase, there is a 10 Day redemption period in which the vehicle must remain at the company.
(k) Within 10 days after the sale of any vehicle pursuant to this section, the legal or registered owner may redeem the vehicle upon the payment of the amount of the sale, all costs and expenses of the sale, together with interest on the sum at the rate of 12 percent per annum from the due date thereof or the date when that sum was advanced until repayment. If the vehicle is not redeemed, all lien sale documents required by the department shall then be completed and delivered to the buyer.
Vehicles paperwork will be handed to the buyer when picked up on the 10th day, if the date falls on the weekend, the pick up date will be the next business day, Monday.